Pages

Sunday 21 February 2016

My PLE and PLN for CLIL!

Good afternoon!

The first time I heard about CLIL methodological approach was at Complutense University, when I was studying my Primary Education degree. I studied some basic concepts about CLIL in the English teaching subject and in a brief way.
After finishing my degree, I studied CLIl approach deeper in The Master´s degree at URJC. During this course I´ve learned more about this approach, resources that can be used at a CLIL classroom, what kind of activities can be done, strategies to carry out at class, etc.. I´ve also learned how to plan a CLIL lesson in a correct way.
In my mindmap you can see which tools I use to get information about CLIL. I´m going to explain briefly how I created my diagram:
Once I had an idea about what my PLE and PLN were, I used in first place the web tool called Popplet. Then, I discovered Coggle and I found it more colourful and attractive to create my mindmap, so I went for it. Although I prefer Coggle because of its variety of shapes, I have to say that Popplet is also a easy tool to use in which you can make neat and visual diagrams.
As you can see in my Coggle´s diagram, I have divided my PLE in different sections depending on the purpose of each tool I use to learn about CLIL:
To surf: Although I use Safari and Mozilla also, I prefer Google Chrome beacuse of its convenience. Everything you do inside your google account and with Google apps and tools is authomatically saved.
To organize: I use both Google Drive and Dropbox because I find them increadibly useful to create collaborative documents, resources and materials and share them with people.
To seach: There are lots of sites where you can find information about CLIL or any other topic you are interested in. Some of them are Google (and Google Scholar for more academic information), Wikipedia, blogs, Moodle (for the University classees), Youtube, some social networks (Pinterest is very useful when you need original ideas to create materials or find online resources to use at you class) and some official websites such as the Ministry of Education website, AAICOLE website, educaplay, etc.
To create: With Microsoft Office you can create documents and materials to use at the CLIL classroom or to write articles, homeworks... about CLIL. I included here webtools like Pxton, Coggle, Popplet and Paint because I´ve recently learned that are really useful to do activities with children and create materials.
To communicate: I use some social networks, Whatsapp and my personal email to look for and recieve information and learn about strategies or find out amazing websites related to education. Some of these tools are also part of my PLN.
And finally, my PLN: some social nets sucha as Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr are parte of my PLN since I use them to publish and share information about CLIL that I find useful with other peers. I also interact through Skype when working in groups and add my submissions to moodle in connection with my university homeworks. In moodle I also comments on my peers works.
Here is the link to my mindmap: https://coggle.it/diagram/VsXrXos-o0NjyQSk



No comments:

Post a Comment