Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2016

My Creative Commons License :)

Good afternoon everybody!

I would like to explain in this post why I chose a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
       
                    

What does my license allow others to do with my posts?
First, I used the license generator Creative Commons in order to get mine. According to their website: Creative Commons is a nonprofit organization that enables the sharing and use of creativity and knowledge through free legal tools.Their free, easy-to-use copyright licenses provide a simple, standardized way to give the public permission to share and use your creative work — on conditions of your choice. CC licenses let you easily change your copyright terms from the default of “all rights reserved” to “some rights reserved.”Creative Commons licenses are not an alternative to copyright. They work alongside copyright and enable you to modify your copyright terms to best suit your needs.

The license I chose lets others remix, tweak, and build upon my work non-commercially, as long as they credit me and license their new creations under the identical terms. This means that everyone can share my posts but without modyfing them. Besides, I strongly believe that education is not any kind of business and for this reason I chose a NonCommercial license.  

What are good ways to motivate our students to use Creative Commons material and attribute properly? 
Regarding how I would work Creative Commons materials with my pupils, first I would work with them in moral values  such as respect and empathy. They would have to create their own video, text or something related to Arts and then think about how they would feel if someone modified their work without their permission or distributed it without recognising them as authors. They should understand the importance of respecting others creations and effort and that they cannot use every material they find on the Internet for free. Therefore, they need to know how to cite and attribute the information they find and later use in their homeworks. It is also a good idea to teach them how to create a Creative Commons license for their blogs, websites, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment